#1 Scotrp

Scotrp

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Cars:Truck

Posted 05 July 2018 - 01:02 PM

POPULAR

I've got a 1974 620 4x4 I want to sell, it hasn't ran for years. But 4x4s of that year are rare and being a 74 it's smog exempt here in California so it's gotta be worth a decent price. Any ideas on how much I should ask? The truck is complete no broken glass some rust and I believe it had a bad head gasket. I tried to find something similar for sale to get a price but they are so rare I couldn't find one.

#2 datzenmike

datzenmike

KING RAT

• User Administrator
  • 72,736 posts
  • Cars:'74 710 sedan, '76 710. prevoius... '78 620, '71 521, '68 510 new '76 B-210

Posted 05 July 2018 - 04:13 PM

That would depend on if running or what's needed to make it run if not.

If it can't be driven a lot of other things cannot be checked. Like steering, BRAKES!, suspension, electrical (lights, wiper, heater etc) drive train noise, does it re-start when hot, does it over heat, does the charging system work, is the exhaust rusted out, does it shift gears properly, does the transfer case shift and work? Otherwise it's a 'pig in a poke'. Worth about what you might guess the parts on it are worth.

Posted Image

#3 Pacific coast Datsun

Pacific coast Datsun

Japanese trucking association

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,901 posts
  • Cars:76 Conqueror "Datsun powered" jet boat -73 PL 620 - 74 PL 620 - 94 D-21

Posted 05 July 2018 - 04:56 PM

$500 - $1500 depending how bad somebody wants it.
Remember this isn't the Jay Leno effect / its not worth $5000.
That said...if its just a head gasket that's an easy fix.
85 720--74 pl 620--94 D 21-- 64 L 320 [co-owner]--74 sundance 16 jet boat [L 20 powered]
Member- *Japanese trucking association*
*Southwest Datsun pickups*
http://www.southwestdatsunpickups.com/
Posted Image

#4 bananahamuck

bananahamuck

S&S chicken/rice

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,677 posts
  • Cars:Cleopatra does the nasty.

Posted 05 July 2018 - 06:21 PM

Unless the head gasket popped a way long time ago and the water sat in the cylinders.. Then it's probably fucked 

It's almost impossible to even guess at the worth of something without seeing at least grainy pictures of it. 

Example

For Sale T bucket street rod everything was in good working order last time i drove it. 

565322_60f7.jpg

I'm guessing that they are not JDM, but rather TDM

..........................I shall call it, narclops.

#5 racerx

racerx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,290 posts
  • Cars:71 Datsun 510 and 65 Mustang Fastback

Posted 06 July 2018 - 11:24 AM

You tried eBay, maybe someone sold one before. Check history on eBay of datsu n trucks that sold in similar conditio.

#6 ]2eDeYe

]2eDeYe

Bastard!

• User Administrator
  • 18,219 posts
  • Cars:78 620 KC, 77 620 KC, 72 CJ5, 04 G35 coupe mmmm

Posted 06 July 2018 - 02:28 PM

Unless the head gasket popped a way long time ago and the water sat in the cylinders.. Then it's probably fucked 

It's almost impossible to even guess at the worth of something without seeing at least grainy pictures of it. 

Example

For Sale T bucket street rod everything was in good working order last time i drove it. 

565322_60f7.jpg

Now that's a Hot Rod. :lol:

Smokin' Joe's House of Datto's

gJv38AY.jpg
Member- *Japanese Trucking Association*

**DATSUN FAQ** ~ If ya know it, post it ~ If ya don't know it, learn it ~

ratsun.net rising sun stickers                     ratsun business cards order thread

620 KA24 Motor Mount Swap Brackets

1977 620 KingCab Deluxe KA24DE Swap - Refresh and cleanup
1978 620 kingcab 4x4 - KA24E SAS w/Dana 44 front and Toyota rear

1967 RL411 Station Wagon

Whenever I think that I'm out of my mind for putting this much time and money into an old Datsun, all I have to do is look some of your threads to know that I'm not nearly as whack as you are.

You're going to skin a few knuckles, stand up too fast and bump your head, hunt around the floor for the nuts and bolts you dropped, invent a few new cuss words and when you're finished you'll say "That wasn't so hard after all!"